Interested in donating your vehicle to an organization you believe in? Donate your car and support WFUV! Here's how it works:
- Call Toll-Free 888-400-5520 (or email us or go to this page) to speak to a WFUV Vehicle Donation Representative. We'll schedule a pickup that's convenient for you, and provide you with confirmation of your donation.
- Customer Service reps are available weekdays 9am-9pm and weekends 11am-7:30pm. After-hours voicemails are answered the following morning.
- If the sale of your donated vehicle brings in $500 or more (and if you provide your social security number at the time of your donation), you will receive an IRS form stating the sale price of the vehicle. This amount is what you claim on your itemized tax return.
- What are the benefits of donating my car to The Alternate Side?
WFUV benefits by receiving a cash donation toward our operating expenses. You benefit by being able to reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized. Plus you avoid the costs associated with selling your car - there's no need to pay for advertising, no loss of privacy, and no need to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer.
- Does my car have to be running to donate it?
No. In some cases we can take your car, running or not. However, it must have an engine and be tow-able. Contact a representative at 888-400-5520 to find out if your vehicle qualifies for pick-up.
- Do you only accept cars?
Many types of property are accepted - including boats, motorcycles, trucks, cars, motorhomes, airplanes, time-shares, and even houses!
- How long will it take to pick up my vehicle?
In some cases, if we receive your call early in the day, a same-day pick can be available - at most, a tow company will contact you within 2-3 business days.
- Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?
No. Special arrangements can be made.
- What paperwork do I need?
The only paperwork needed is a signed, clear title. Have your title with you when you call in your donation. [Please note: a 'clear' title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien].
- How much does The Alternate Side get?
70% of the sale price goes right to our operating budget.
- How does the tax deduction work?
If the proceeds from the sale of your vehicle exceed $500, You will receive IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes, stating the amount of the deduction. If the vehicle does not exceed $500, you receive a thank-you letter that can be used as a tax receipt.